Friday, June 20, 2014

New WIP

She is not complete - but I am pleased so far.  I came across a German expressionist artist this week - August Macke.  I fell in love with his paintings - especially those of women.  This angel with parasol is based on the woman in this painting.  Hard to photograph the colors exactly - her skirt is much more green with a blue tinge.  I went a bit larger - 16x20" on art board.  Once again I painted her upside down - the keyhole hanger is on the bottom.  Oh well - I was too excited to check before I got going. She has a way to go - hope to finish her early next week.

Linking to Paint Party Friday - Eva and Kristin host this wonderful artist's venue every Friday.  Go and browse and if you create - then join in - no experience necessary!!!

Have a blessed and creative day - thanks for visiting.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous painting. I love Macke, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interpretation of the parasol girl! I have trouble getting my camera or maybe it is the computer to give the correct colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice. I love her umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice interpretation and yet so much your own, too. The composition is great and I love her angelic look. Beautiful progress and I hope to see the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piece! Great colors!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting, I love this beautiful Angel! I would seduce him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing it finished... this is a fabulous start... love those colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. I think your painting is awesome. Great work. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the grace and peace that you captured in this painting. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just fabulous. Love the parasol. The colors are really strong too.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  11. she's looking great already. Love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty use of the colors! Nice shapes in there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful painting with your own interpretation!
    I love Macke too.

    ReplyDelete