Friday, June 6, 2014

Dude!

This guy was floating around facebook and I just fell in love.  I might want to do another (even though this was a lot of work) with my Boston Terrier (see how close that word is to "terror"?).  I actually painted all the clothing design - I did contemplate collage but my inner "Matisse" came out in the clothing and the wallpapered background.  So hard to photograph all the different finishes and textures - acrylic paint, oil pastels, Pan Pastels, charcoal, etc.  I will tell you that his glasses are acrylic Silk paint and they look shiny and translucent in person.  Hope to be displaying him locally.

Linking to Paint Party Friday (here) hosted by Eva and Kristin.  It's a wonderful venue to view and post any art you might have created - no experience necessary!!!

Thanks so much for visiting - have a blessed and creative day.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, hope you are doing good. I like this guy. His glasses are awesome. He is very interesting.:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE him - peace! We once had a terrier and we called him Terry the Terror! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! The bright blue is grand! But I think his glasses are what sets him apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun personality and colors together! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one Groovy dude! His got a very peaceful look to him, almost as if he's meditating. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice I love the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this takes me back. I love that you told us all the different paints etc you used. I usually use a mixture too. What in the world is acrylic silk paint? This is a good creative painting. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this rendition of him, you did such a swell job on it. WOW. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's sweet and has so many wonderful elements! I love his giant peace necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How gorgeous..what a fabulous and charming soul..so cool! Loved hearing about your process and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, this is one fashionable dog! Love him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is different. He looks so laid back, I wonder if something was in his food. It's a fun painting and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh he just put a big smile on my face! So colourful and cool!

    ReplyDelete